Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The purpose

So for awhile now I have been keeping a word document in my email with a lot of my favorite recipes on it and have a bunch of others tucked away in an email folder or a page marked in a book. I figure this will be a better way to keep track of my favorites and add new ones...then on Sunday's when I make my grocery list, I will have an easy way to search my favorite meals and get inspiration for something new without have to thumb through them all. And in the meantime, if someone else is interested in making something I have made, I will share it here!

If you know me well, you know I am a fairly creative sole. I get an itch and have to go home and paint or sew or redecorate a room...or even just make something new for a room. Well, with a job that has me working extremely long hours 6 months of the year, and now a baby that we share our life with, there is little time for creativity. We do have to eat though everyday. I like to make mostly healthy meals and I also like to have leftovers for lunch for the majority of the week. I often feel that I can fulfill the need to be creative by doing it in the kitchen. I love to cook things with lots of colors and cut in a specific way, even though it will taste the same when I am done with it! So cooking is my most common creative outlet! I also love to eat so that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment