Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Menu

Every Sunday I make a menu of what we will eat for the week and then I make my grocery list and go to the store for the week. We on average spend $150-$200 for all of our groceries, including added necessities like detergent, toilet paper, paper towels etc etc...you get the picture. I also buy mostly fresh vegetables and fresh meat which adds up fast. I cook enough so that I don't have to eat out for lunch each day so this in essence feeds me breakfast, lunch and dinner 5 days a week with a few meals eaten out here and there. And it feeds Chris breakfast and dinner for the same days.

When I make my menu I typically make it for Sunday through Thursday. I always have 2 meals that can mostly go without being eaten or can be eaten the next week or on the weekend for those nights that things come up or I just don't feel like cooking.

Here was my menu for this week:

Sunday
Steak, baked seasoned sweet potato chunks, fresh terriyaki green beans

Monday
Breaded baked chicken (Italian bread crumbs, yellow corn meal and sprayed with pam to crispen), baked beans, broccoli

Tuesday
Terriyaki Shrimp with fettuccine and veggies (squash, zucchini, orange bell pepper, mushrooms)

Wednesday
Sausage, scalloped potatoes, frozen veggie

Thursday
Baked salmon on top of a salad

No comments:

Post a Comment