Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Susan's Pecan Cookies

These are some of my very favorite cookies my mom used to make.  Recently my Aunt Sally made some and I asked her for the recipe because I am not sure where it is at my parent's house.


Ingredients:

1 cup butter or marg 2 cups flour

1 cup brown sugar packed 1 to 2 cups pecans

1 egg separated

1 ½ Tab Cinnamon chopped

1 ½ Tea spoon vanilla


Directions:

Preheat oven to 325

Melt Butter and combine with sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and egg yolk (add last.) Stir in flour and mix well.

Spread on greased cookie sheet to cover completely. Pour egg white on top and spread completely over dough. Pour excess off. Sprinkle on pecans and gently press into dough.

Bake 25 to 30 min, until light golden. IMMEDIATELY slice into cookie bars (approx 6 dz) and remove from pan to cool. They freeze well or keep will in tightly closed container.

OPTIONS: Sprinkle sesame seeds between pecans to completely cover. Or, Chop 2 pralines and sprinkle along with pecans. This needs to also be pressed into dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment