Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Lemon Butter Shrimp with pasta and veggies

This is by far a very favorite meal in our house.  Both of my kids shovel it in and usually ask for more.

Ingredients: 

* 1 package of cooked, pealed and deveined frozen shrimp
* 1 package of favorite veggie mix (I usually get one with squash, zucchini, green beans and carrots but have tried many variations)
* linguine noodles
* chopped garlic
* butter
* lemon juice
* dill, basil and oregano (dried)
* greek seasoning or salt and pepper

Directions:

* Preheat a skillet that has a top to a low temperature.
* In a measuring cup add a 4-5 TBS of butter.  Add lemon juice to taste (I like a lot), dill, basil, oregano.  Put in microwave and heat until melted.  Usually around a minute for me.  Set aside until you are ready for it.
* Cook about 10-12 oz of noodles.
* In skillet add garlic then frozen shrimp and frozen veggies.  Cover it and let them steam while the pasta cooks.  When you are about ready to add the pasta and lemon butter, and the shrimp/veggies seem defrosted and warmed, I pour off the excess water.   
 * Add in your pasta.  Mix well then pour the lemon butter mixture over it and season with greek seasoning.  Mix well again.  Turn to the lowest setting, cover and let the butter sort of cook onto the pasta.  Keep an eye on it and mix occasionally.

When I serve it, I often add more lemon juice to my serving.  It really just depends on how lemony your like it and I like a lot! 

I have also often adapted this into a side dish by removing the shrimp and veggies and just doing the pasta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment