Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Spicy Mustard Potato Salad

This year on the 4th of July I really wanted to try a new potato salad recipe that would hopefully have a little spice to it! Unfortunately, I had a sinus infection so I couldn't really tell how much zing there was but I do know that would I could taste, tasted good to me!

I picked this one b/c it had both spicy mustard and horseradish. I ended up with horseradish sauce. The salt probably would have had a stronger flavor!

Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients:
•5 large potatoes, chopped
•1 cup mayonnaise
•2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
•1/2 cup spicy mustard
•1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
•1/4 cup white wine vinegar
•1 tablespoon horseradish
•1/2 teaspoon red pepper
•1/2 teaspoon salt
•1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation:
Boil potatoes in large pot for 13-15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and add vinegar to potatoes. Place garlic, onion, eggs, chives, and mustard to the potatoes. Be sure to coat thoroughly, but do this gently or else the potatoes will disintegrate.
Mix together mayonnaise, horseradish salt, red pepper, and black pepper together in a small mixing bowl. Pour mixture over potatoes and gently coat. Allow potato salad to cool before serving.

Taken from here: http://bbq.about.com/od/sidedishes/r/bl50816b.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment