Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Delicious Chicken Veggies and Rice

This is one of Chris and my favorite chicken dishes. It is always so yummy and healthy.

I was sending this recipe to my cousin in an email and I just copied it from there!

Directions:
I put chicken breasts on a cookie sheet and spray it with olive oil cooking spray then season it how I want to. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.

I make 2 servings of instant brown rice per the box instructions.

I take squash and zucchini cut in large chunks, mushrooms, purple onion and saute in a skillet with garlic. I cover it and let it sort of steam itself stirring every once and awhile. Close to the end I add sliced tomatoes. (They cook fast). At the end I season up with whatever herbs I have, oregano, dill, basil and squeeze lemon juice on them.

We serve how much rice we want, put veggies over it and chicken on top. I always cut my chicken up and mix it all together in my bowl. I always have some extra lemon quartered and squeeze that on my serving. It is so yummy!

You could easily take all those veggies, put them in a casserole dish, season the same with the lemon juice as well, cover and bake on the top rack over your chicken. Covering it will help to steam it.
---------------------
Lately, I layer the veggies in the bottom of a glass dish and mix with olive oil, garlic, oregano, basil and dill, then cover with the cooked instant rice, then top with cubed chicken that was grilled the night before and cover with a good amount of lemon juice. Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 400.

I am all about taking shortcuts where I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment