Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

It has been years since I made this dish. It used to be a favorite in our house but I think maybe we ate it too much. I recently made a modified version of it for my aunt who had just had surgery but I was really wanting it this week. Wow, it might have to make a regular appearance on our menu again for awhile. It was just as yummy as I remember it being!

Ingredients:
2 Cups cooked chicken cut into cubes
approx 1/2 cup skim milk-just enough to thin mixture a bit
1 can LF cream of chicken soup
1 can LF cream of mushroom soup
1 can rotel (undrained)
1 small can corn (drained)
4-5 green chopped green onions
6-8 tortillas, torn in strips
1 8 oz bag 2% LF cheddar cheese (I never use an entire bag)

Directions:
Preheat over to 400 degrees.

In a large bowl mix chicken, milk, soup, rotel, corn and green onion. Add a little of the cheese to the mixture. Mix together well. In a 9 x 13 pan, spray with cooking spray, place a layer of tortilla strips along bottom, half the soup mixture, a layer of cheese sprinkled, another layer of tortillas, the other half of the soup mixture, cheese sprinkled, another layer of tortillas and the rest of the cheese sprinkled on top.

Cover pan and bake for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake for 10 more minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes and then serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment