Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Raw Broccoli and Cranberry Salad

My brother and I both grew up with a great love for broccoli!  I usually make it with a mustard sauce that my mom made.  It has always been my favorite way.  I do like to change it up every when I see something that looks good and let me tell you, this was SO GOOD!  I can't stop thinking about it. 

I think that I might use pine nuts instead of bacon to make it a little healthier but it was absolutely delicious.  The trick for me was to cut the broccoli into small florets.

This recipe makes enough for 4 portions.

Ingredients:
4 cups broccoli pieces (chopped) or broccoli florets
1 red onion, chopped
1 cup dried cranberries
8 pieces of bacon, crumbled
Your favorite honey mustard salad dressing (I used Newman's Own)

Directions:
Toss the first 4 ingredients together in a big salad bowl and drizzle in your desired amount of honey mustard dressing. Serve and enjoy :).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment