Sunday, November 10, 2013

Chuy's Jalapeno Ranch-Take 2

Edit: I think I finally a recipe that I have settled on as my favorite.  I just can't get the non-mayo based recipes to taste as good but have discovered that the missing ingredient in so many of these is the tomatillo/salsa verde.  A lot of people used diced chili's but that just isn't it!  See this recipe for my current favorite:  http://boneyjeankitchen.blogspot.com/2014/10/chuys-creamy-jalapeno-dip.html


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am still on a quest to find a perfect Chuy's Jalapeno Ranch Recipe.  This one was pretty good, but had a little too much lime juice in the original recipe.  I like the sour cream base better than Mayo.


Ingredients:
16 ounces Light Sour Cream
1 package (1 Oz.) Ranch Dip Mix
2 whole large jalapenos, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup fresh cilantro
2-4 Tbsp lime juice
2-4 TBSP buttermilk (I probably go closer to 1/4 cup)



 Combine roughly chopped jalapenos, cilantro and garlic in the food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Add lime juice, sour cream and ranch mix. Pulse until thoroughly combined. Add milk, a tablespoon at a time, until you reach the desired thickness. Pour into serving bowl and enjoy!




Adapted Source: http://www.plainchicken.com/2010/09/chuys-jalapeno-dip.html

3 comments:

  1. Hi! My sweet cousin has been working on this recipe for quite some time, too. I will contact her and share her latest version with you. I will try this one soon! (Oh, and I love your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's her version. Compare and contrast! Let me know what you think: http://simplethingsdonewell.com/2015/01/08/creamy-jalapeno-dip/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! Somehow I missed your comments! I finally stumbled upon what I think is the best recipe for it I have found and the missing ingredient has been tomatillo/salsa verde sauce!!! Thanks for following! :)http://boneyjeankitchen.blogspot.com/2014/10/chuys-creamy-jalapeno-dip.html

    ReplyDelete