Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Greek Pasta Salad

We all love pasta salad at my house and recently I was really wanting something a little different.  I came up with this recipe and it has had compliments from everyone who has eaten it!

Ingredients:
1 box of Bow Tie Pasta,
1 can sliced olives
1 can artichokes in water, diced
1 tub grape tomatos, sliced in half
1-3 green onions, diced
1 cucumber, skinned, seeds cut out and cut into chunks
1/2 container of feta cheese
1/3 bottle of greek dressing (I like Newman's Own Greek Dressing)

Directions: 
*Cook your pasta according to box instructions.
*Start adding all of the rest of the ingredients into a bowl to preferred amounts.  Hold off on the dressing.
*Once pasta is cooked, I drain and let it sit in the fridge or freezer for a bit to cool before adding to my bowl of ingredients.
*Add past to other ingredients and mix well.  I always add my dressing now too.
*This can be served hot or cold.  We prefer it cold.  I also often add a little more dressing to each serving of leftovers. 

I think you could also easily make this into a meal by adding some chicken to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment