Monday, November 3, 2014

Zuppa Toscana-Low Calorie

I keep seeing pictures and recipes for Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana.  I have never actually had it but it always looks good to me!  The only problem is that they all seem to be heavier in calories than I like, especially for a soup!  So I adjusted it to be a little healthier.  My entire family really liked this soup so it will become part of the rotation!




Ingredients:
  • 1 pound uncooked Italian Turkey Sausage Links (I have used turkey breakfast sausage when that's all they had)
  • 1 TBSP Oscar Myer real Bacon Bits (or pieces)
  • 2 TBSP Minced Garlic
  • 3-4 cans of Chicken Broth (around 6 cups)
  • 1 package of sliced mushrooms
  • 1 package of mini potato gnocchi (or 2 cups of diced potatoes)
  • 2 cups thinly sliced kale
  • 1-2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 2 TBSP lemon juice
Directions:


  • Remove casing from sausage and brown, then set aside.
  • In your soup pot, sauté garlic, bacon and mushrooms.
  • Add broth and bring to a boil. 
  • Add gnocchi and bring back to a boil for about 2 minutes. 
  • Add kale, cream of chicken and sausage to pan.
  • Cover and heat through at a simmer. 
  • Salt and pepper to taste and add lemon juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment