Thursday, August 1, 2013

Diddo's Margaritas

These are the margaritas my dad likes to make and most definitely my favorite, however my dad's version was QUITE strong so I have adapted his recipe to make them a little crowd friendlier!  I like to save calories anywhere that I can so I usually use monk fruit or another equivalent replacement in place of the sugar.  

I usually double the batch for a small group and its plenty.  These are strong so I serve over ice.

1 cup tequila
1 cup water
1/2 cup orange liqueur (higher quality is much better like Contreu or Patron)
1/2 cup or simple syrup (bring 1/4 cup sugar & 1/4 cup water to a boil while stirring constantly) 
1/3 cup fresh squeezed lime juice

Mix all ingredients together.  Chill well and serve over ice if you like! Most importantly, ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment